Thursday, June 30, 2011

Permanently back in Yellowknife!

Hello everyone. I just want to start off with a quick rant. Please scroll down further to the actual note.

*FUCK YOU to everyone who said they were so happy about my apparent pregnancy this week (there were three!) and asked me how far along I was. I AM JUST FAT OK?!?! General manners state that if you don't know someone, never, ever, EVER, FUCKING EVER, assume they are pregnant and say it to their face! WTF & WTH is wrong with you?!?!*




Sorry. Most of you know I'm not a yeller or a complainer. I can understand that that was a little harsh, but I mean... come on. Who wouldn't get upset about that?

So obviously this note didn't start off on a good foot. Well, that's ok since that's sort of the tone it will have anyways. Might as well get used to it at the beginning. Haha, wow I am not in a good mood tonight. Possibly not the best time to be writing an update on my health progress... oh well though.

So I left you all off in March where I was 211lbs. I had 8 weeks of school left, which if I had taken the road of last summer, meant I could have shed around 16lbs easily. However, it didn't and the stress of my final term of university ever overtook me and I kind of gave up with the food and exercise plans. I kept going to my trainer, and kept trying to eat right, but living at school almost 24/7 didn't really help me all that much, that's for sure. So I think I left school being around 209lbs.

Good news alert: I GRADUATED WITH DISTINCTION FROM UW AS A CIVIL ENGINEER!!! WHOOOOOO!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'm pretty excited and proud about that. I drove back to YK, detouring through Drummondville, QC, to see my favourite french couple and their babies on their new farm. Went through edmonton and spent it with my best friends Shayla, Chelsea and Norah :) and then made it back home!

So now I'm home and I'm looking for my own place. I'm living with my parents though, and you all saw how that affected me over the fall months. I just couldn't stop eating... which isn't their fault... but in any case, I am now up to 216 and waffling 2-3lbs around that number in any given week. It's frustrating and slightly gross to me now.

Well, I did find my own place, and I will be moving in on the 22nd or 23rd of july! It's going to be one huge thing "right" in my life, I think. I also think I'm not in the best place emotionally and that is leading to my eating. I need to really figure this out before I gain any more weight since it is not helping me in any way, shape, or form. I KNOW how to eat right. I have an entire binder full of recipes that helped me lose weight and precious inches last summer! I have routines from my personal trainer and a whole bunch of space in which to do it! Although I will admit that we don't have a very good gym here. It is one of three and always packed, and only open from 6am-10pm... :S not too convenient and everyone goes at the same time. Anyways, I have all the tools, I'm just not employing them for whatever reason.


So there's a boot camp that starts up next week that I will be calling to join tomorrow. It goes from July 5 - aug 25 i think.. I think it'll be a great way to start up again. Hopefully this will push me to kick start everything again. I need to have that "click" again. That pure and simple realization that I need to do this over anything else. It's just hard I guess when your full time job is actually real and you can't skip class just to go to your gym appointment on a given day... I've also registered for another half marathon with my best friends chelsea & norah and their mom. It's happening in victoria in October. :) So that gives me a goal to work for! I want to beat my time from February (2hrs57min) :)


A really close friend and huge support for me helped me come to the conclusion that I can't just start everything all at once all over again. Yes, I've done it before, but jumping into the deep end will eventually find me drowning. I should start wading into the health regimen again slowly, making sure I develop routines that become second nature in slow chunks so as to not overwhelm myself. This is good advice.

Another piece of advice that she and I talked about, is about talking to a professional about my relationship with food and how that affects what I'm trying to do with my health goals. It might be worth a shot at some point I guess, but I'm not entirely convinced I would be ready for something like that right now. Plus it would take more time... and more money haha. Neither of which I have at the moment. *sigh*


I'm going to end this on a positive note. This morning when I woke up, I was at my lightest in two weeks: 214lbs. Yay! My next goal is to get under 210lbs (in a HEALTHY way). Once I reach that I will make another mini goal and I will stick to these mini goals :)

Thanks for reading everyone!
Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment